Hormones are vital to our health and play a large role in how we look and feel. They are a major contributor to our energy levels, sex drive, fertility, metabolism, and more. If your hormones are out of balance, it can lead to a number of symptoms and issues that can negatively impact your daily life.
What is a Hormonal Imbalance, and What Causes It?
A hormonal imbalance occurs when there is an over- or underproduction of one or more hormones in the body. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as diet, lifestyle, and environmental influences. Genetics can also play a role in hormonal imbalances as well.
When hormones are not balanced, they can have a wide variety of effects on the body, including physical, mental, and emotional.
Signs of Hormonal Imbalance in Women
1. Weight gain and difficulty losing weight: Hormonal imbalance can lead to an increase in cortisol levels, which can cause cravings for unhealthy foods and prevent weight loss.
2. Mood swings, depression, anxiety, and irritability: Progesterone is the hormone most associated with moods, so when progesterone levels become imbalanced, it can lead to sudden shifts in mood from one extreme to the other.
3. Fatigue: An imbalance of cortisol, testosterone, and thyroid hormones can cause fatigue even if you’re getting enough sleep.
4. Abnormal menstrual cycle: Hormonal imbalance can also lead to irregular periods, heavy bleeding, and other menstrual irregularities.
5. Loss of libido: Low estrogen or progesterone levels can decrease sexual desire.
6. Hot flashes and night sweats: Menopausal women may experience hot flashes and other symptoms due to an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone levels.
Struggling with a Hormone Imbalance? We Can Help!
At Hormone Treatment Centers, we offer hormone replacement therapy to help restore your hormone levels to normal and alleviate the many symptoms caused by an imbalance. Contact us today to learn more!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.